System Innovation Lab 2016 - apply until October 31st
The OECD has just released a flagship report on System Innovation as a governance strategy for times of transformation. The report points out that this "requires a more holistic and systemic design and analysis of the Socio-Technical-Innovation policy mix" as well as this being "no easy task as public agencies face constraints in terms of the skills of programme managers and the famous ‘silo’ effect in government."
The lab's target group are Young Professional Leaders from different sectors focused on energy topics and it seeks to guarantee:
- a 360 degree view on systems (ecological, technological, infrastructure and economical are core competencies of Wuppertal Institute and socio-cultural as well as political dimensions those of the CSI)
- professional didactics around understanding both system dynamics and innovation leadership
- coaching in the development of on-the-job ideas towards system innovation
- mentoring during first implementation steps
- reflection on as to where promising paths and allies have opened up and where and why biggest resistance prevailed
- encouragement to roll out the prototype beyond the Lab phase
You find the outline at www.sysinnolab.org and we would be very grateful if you could consider sending it to relevant networks with regards to possible participants. The deadline for applications is October 31st.